Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent Calendar


I finally finished my Advent calendar this past Friday night! Better late than never, right? Sewing with the felt proved to be a bit of a challenge (since felt on felt is like velcro), but I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. It definitely looks homemade...but it is homemade so I'm okay with that :) If I hadn't already purchased the felt for my calendar (nearly 3 years ago), I would have been very tempted to try out this recycled option found here (I still think it would be a fun craft project to work on with Little J a few years down the road), but I love the way the felt matches the stockings I made our first Christmas together. Right now all the pockets sit empty, but we're looking forward to filling them next year when Little J is older and understands this whole Advent thing a little bit more! I never use patterns when I make things, I just like to wing it and get the most out of whatever fabric I'm using...so if you have any questions, feel free to send them my way! By the way, I used my Silhouette to make the numbers...I still need to write a post explaining how exactly I came to own this handy machine!

So do you have an Advent calendar? What does it look like? I'd love to see it!


2 comments:

  1. That's cute. I might have to attempt it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My advice would be to get started by say November 1st? Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete