1. Your oops-I-forgot-my-reusable-bag plastic bag
2. Smooth it out flat
3. Fold it in half lengthwise
4. Fold it in half again
5. Fold the bottom end over to make a triangle (Do you remember folding notes to your friends like this back in the day? Do kids even write notes to each other anymore or do they just text?)
6. & 7. Continue folding triangles until you get to the bag handles
8. Fold the handles in half
9. Fold that remainder into a triangle that mirrors the other triangle
10. Tuck that thinner triangle into the bigger one
11. Voila! Your tidy little ready to reuse plastic bag :)
12. My box of bags that I keep at the bottom of our pantry (a few paper bags, one bag for plastic bags that can be reused, one bag for unusable (have holes, etc) plastic bags/plastic film that I will return to the store or to our co-op to be recycled...and a cooler and a emergency supply of water that I just bought in light of all the crazy natural disasters that have occurred recently)
Okay, perhaps you think I'm a little neurotic, I don't really blame you. But seriously, folding plastic bags like this just makes it even more convenient to reuse them! Keep these neatly folded little bundles in a bag at home like me or toss one or two into your purse (or diaper bag or backpack or manbag :) and you'll be set for your next shopping trip or whatever mess comes your way while you're out!
10/06/11 - I'm linking this post up with "Your Green Resource"
on Live Renewed, Sorta Crunchy, A Delightful Home, and the Greenbacks Gal.